Sunday 9 August 2015

Read In 5 Years Time...





To Future Self,
I hope this has reached you in good health, and I hope that you are completely content with where you are in life right now.
I am currently sitting on my bed and was scrolling through Bloglovin' when I saw a post which gave me the idea to do a time capsule type post which I can read in a few years time. So here are the following things I expected from you and questions I would like answering...

First of all, how are mum and dad? I bet dad (who is now 53) still spends hours in the garden planting random things so he can show them to all the relatives, and I suppose mum (who would be 42) still has the best tasting food in the world! She has recently been trying to teach me how to cook and I wonder if you know how to cook as well as her now?
How are the sisters? I wonder if they still fight over the iPads - they would be aged 19, 12 and 10 so I think they will have grown out of the petty fighting by now.
Are we still living in the same house or have we moved? Today I have been planning what the loft would look like if we had it converted, so I guess I would like to know if they eventually converted it into a bedroom?

In 5 years time I will almost be 23 years old (wow that's scary). By then I hope to have finished an undergraduate course in university and have a degree in Psychology - did I get into Birmingham or Leicester? I should also hope to be settled in a job as a psychiatrist or even carrying on with a further degree to get a job higher up in the career.

... Wow it's actually difficult to think of what I expect to have gained in 5 years since I am only 17.

Seeing that I am almost 23 years old and have probably made some lifelong friends in uni, I wonder if I'm still in touch with my best friends from secondary school and how much of my other friends I see. Who has stayed in our home town? Has anyone changed drastically? Has anyone had a baby? These are all questions I suppose I can find the answer to on Facebook, Instagram etc (perks of living in the 21st century).

Anyway, I hope you do get to read this - maybe I should set a reminder for 5years time so you remember to read it.

Wish you all the best in life,
17 year old you x





Liked this post? Follow me on Bloglovin' and I shall follow you back: https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thatbengalichick-12690917





No comments:

Post a Comment