Friday 7 October 2016

Applying To University #1



Hey guys,
This academic year I am applying to university and I thought I would record each step i'm taking just to help anyone else applying to university. Needless to say, I am very nervous about applying to university and getting into one that I love and will enjoy, but nevertheless I hope I can help to answer any questions you may have about applying to university through my experiences. I hope to make this a useful blog series so please do leave a comment if you have any questions.

August (Summer Holiday)
This month was spent changing my mind numerous times about the course I want to do at university with the help of some friends and family. I thought you might find it interesting to have a look at all the career and degree options I have considered (trust me there are quite a few).
  • Psychology
  • Psychology with Sociology
  • Nursing
  • Radiotherapy 
  • Midwifery
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Social Worker
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Counselling
As you can see I had changed my mind quite a few times about my choice of degree considering I was so set on becoming a Psychologist this time last year and for the past three years. I guess this goes to show that nothing is set in stone and there are circumstances which make you reconsider what is right for you.

I suppose at this rate you are all wondering what I chose in the end since I should be completing my application soon. But first let me tell you this, it doesn't help coming from a family which seems to produce many successful professionals such as pharmacists and optometrists, as this makes me feel like I need to go into a career which is equally rewarding and something I will be happy doing. At the end of my summer holidays I finally made my mind up and have decided on applying for a Midwifery course (who knows I might end up changing my mind again). There were many influences on my choice at the time; these included the fact that my mum wanted to be a midwife before she left college, I knew someone who recently graduated as a registered midwife, and I was binge watching 'One Born Every Minute' just to see what it would be like. 

So there we go, that is how I spent my summer - dreading my AS level results and trying to stick to a career choice. I hope this has helped you if you are an indecisive person like myself, and I wish you the best of luck on choosing a career path that is best for you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment